[LargeFormat] An 11x14 Ektachrome shot with rear half of a ProtarVII con...

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Tue Oct 14 20:46:39 2003

Hi Vincent,

      I'll not consider enlarging 8x10.  I feel that it is large
enough as a contact print, which I've used previously.
I believe the 5x7 will enlarge successfully onto 20x24
inch paper.  I suppose if I had an 8x10 enlarger....

     Besides, it's not so much the size of the final print
as it is seeing the big image on the groundglass.  That's
why, for me, 5x7 is much better than 4x5.

      On the other hand, there's more film choices in 8x10
and there's 8x10 Polaroid.  But I'd be only into black and
white images.  I'll see how it goes with the 5x7 and think
things over on the bigger size.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California