[LargeFormat] Question on film characteristics and printing

LauvoneT largeformat@f32.net
Wed Oct 1 13:42:06 2003

I posted this in a Med format group, but got no
answers.  I am hoping that someone here has had
experience with this film.  If I shoot this with 4x5,
I am going to use the NPH.  But would like to use Med
format.

I have an assignment to photograph several classical
cars.  I normally shoot
Fuji 400 NPH in my RB.  Seems that I recall that Agfa
Portrait 160 was the
sharpest, (lowest RMS) film on a test done by Popular
Photography or Petersons
Photographic.  The cars have very vivid paint jobs on
them, and I want to bring
out the color as well as I can.

Has anyone used this film for other than portraits,
and if you have, what were
the results.  Also, are most labs set up with whatever
filter packs, or code to
properly develop and print this film??

Further info, I use a polarizer, and also use the good
light times, ie, early
or late in the day when possible.

Any advice, experience with this film used for non
portrait photography will be
appreciated.

TIA

Lauvone