[LargeFormat] Yankee Agitank Info

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Tue Sep 23 23:04:03 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Parker" <cparker@mgrp.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 8:06 AM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Yankee Agitank Info

> Sorry to bother you, but I found your name on a list and
you referred to
> owning a Yankee Agitank for processing 4x5 b/w film.
>
> I am interested in process Plus-X and T-Max films in this
tank.  If you
> wouldn't mind passing on any advice culled from your
experience, I'd be
> extremely thankful.
>
> Links would help to.
>
> Craig
> Canada

  My personal experience is not good. I bought one when I
restarted working with 4x5 some years ago. This tank
resulted in the only air bells I've ever gotten in more than
fifty years of photography. The problem is that the
agitation method is not adequate. One must shove the tank
back and forth, I guess the idea is that the sloshing of the
solutions will provide adequate agiatation. It doesn't and
can't. There are better sheet film tanks. I was lucky enough
to find an old Nikor tank but there some others. Tray
developing also will give you good results although it takes
some practice. You can also get good results from print
drums.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA