[LargeFormat] Extending bellows draw

Craig Koshyk largeformat@f32.net
Wed Sep 10 17:56:02 2003

>   I don't think this is a Korona camera because their 8x20
> Panoramic View cameras had much longer bellows and took an
> extention at the rear of the camera.

How would I find out who the maker was? The can't have been too many
makers of 8x20's around 100 or so years ago (?)

> The bellows length was
> 32-1/2 inches.
>   The bellows draw for your camera is minimal since the
> usual lens for this format is around 15".

Actually upon further inspection it does seem that a rear extension was
a possibility. There are two what look like filled-in holes on the back
of the camera base. These "holes" are exactly opposite the holes that
allow the front rail unit to be secured when hinged in the down
position. It seems to me that placing the proper sized sockets in these
"holes" and having the matching screw-in bolts attached to an extension
would work just fine.

Hmmmm, off to visit my woodworker buddy...