[LargeFormat] Patching bellows pinholes

David Galway largeformat@f32.net
Wed Sep 10 07:16:18 2003

Took possession of an ebay-bought 8x10 Kodak Master this summer; the
bellows has a few to several pinholes at the corners at full extension.

My 5x7 Ansco had similar problems which I was advised to fix by using
black neoprene cement on the outside, the stuff they use to repair
wetsuits. It worked fairly well, but reapplication was necessary every
so often depending on use, and time of year (it works not so well during
the cold winter months of course).

Are there any other tried and true patching methods? I'm throwing a
darkcloth over the bellows, but until I can afford to replace them I'd
like to have a fix on the bellows themselves.

If/when worse comes to worse, are there any North American, preferably
Canadian, bellows makers? Is the whole camera generally sent for repair,
or do I do the installation myself?

regards
David Galway
Twp. of Georgian Bay