[LargeFormat] how short is a rail

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Wed Sep 3 15:26:14 2003

I was considering a cheap Sinar to use with a bag bellows, a Calumet
rollfilm  back and some Super Angulon lenses.  I am trying to get more
rising front than my Century Graphic permits.
What is the shortest rail Sinar produced? A short rail makes for a more
compact 5x4. I could carry a second rail of the same size.
Is it a simple matter to bolt on an extension rail when a Symmar lens is
used?  Can a rail be cut down or are both ends vital?  Thanks for any
comments.
Whilst I write, hallo Uncle Dick did your parcel arrive yet?

Philip