[LargeFormat] A good day in the store, and a query

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Wed Sep 3 12:06:32 2003

>   This is very common. See Steve Grimes site for
> instructions on how to fix it. You need no tools, just a
> business card and some rubber bands. Because the clips come
> off the film packets so frequently its well to learn how to
> do this.

When I was in the shop yesterday, the guy behind the counter was slightly
hesitant about saying whether this would be an easy fix or not because the
holder seems some sort of 'transition' between the older 545 and the 545i.
Where the older beast was easily stripable, being held together with screws
and bolts, this one has rivets in possibly important places.  Now, the guy
talking to me was not the techie, and readily admitted as such, but he was a
bit concerned about how much hassle it might be to get it apart.  The
service guru will be back today, so I'm hoping for a call this afternoon.

I did grab the PDF from Grimes's site, and have read it.  The trick with the
business card puzzled me though -- the illustration didn't enlighten me.
Undoubtedly, it would make a lot more sense if I took the beast apart and
could see all the whizzers and clickers involved...

Cheers,
\donw