[LargeFormat] A good day in the store, and a query

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Tue Sep 2 15:52:04 2003

> There is a simple and easy fix for this problem. You have to
> re-invigorate the spring that holds the film envelope. You will
> probably be delighted to hear that in line with most sophisticated
> technical solutions, this involves the use of a hammer!

Actually, I grabbed that PDF last Friday, and had a good look at it when I
discovered something amiss with the holder.  Alas, I seem to have an odd
duck of a 545 -- while all-metal, some crucial parts seem held together with
rivets rather than bolts.  So, I was more than a little reluctant to tackle
the repair myself, and have taken it in to the shop to see what they can do.
Disturbingly, there is a scratch on the pressure plate, coming directly from
the tab; I strongly suspect the previous owner had a sheet get stuck, and
used a screwdriver to prise it loose.  I hope this hasn't killed it...

\donw