[LargeFormat] A good day in the store, and a query

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Sep 2 14:58:53 2003

At 9:44 am -0700 2/9/03, Wilkes, Don MSER:EX wrote:
>  > You're not paying for the film; you're paying for the convenience of
>>  using ready-loads.  Also for clean negatives with no dust on them!
>
>I accept that, but CDN $3.80 still startles me <grin>.  It may be moot,
>however.  I tried testing the Polaroid back after dinner Friday, and I'm
>pretty convinced it's not grabbing the metal widget that holds the
>sensitized emulsion.  The whole thing seems to slide out when I try to
>withdraw the envelope/dark-slide.  I haven't used a Polaroid back before, so
>I may be doing something wrong, but the instructions did seeem pretty
>straightforward.  So, it's off to the shop at lunchtime, in the hopes of a
>quick (and inexpensive) adjustment or repair!

Don,

There is a simple and easy fix for this problem. You have to
re-invigorate the spring that holds the film envelope. You will
probably be delighted to hear that in line with most sophisticated
technical solutions, this involves the use of a hammer!

Check out http://www.skgrimes.com/545/index.htm where there are full
instructions.