[LargeFormat] Double Protar Lens

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Mon Sep 1 21:53:51 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clive Warren" <cocam@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Double Protar Lens

> Les,
>
> That's a great solution. The C set lenses are probably a
lot lighter
> than the Series VII though. If I come across a cheap Zeiss
C set in
> the box with the hen's teeth then there is an old alphax
shutter
> sitting here waiting :-)
>
> Have to ask - can you still buy chewing tobacco?
>
> Cheers,
>         Clive

   I don't quite get this. the "C" set lenses _are_ series
VII Protar cells. The C set was sold by both Zeiss and B&L
as four cells for 5x7 cameras. Zeiss may also have sold a
similar set for 8x10. The Bausch & Lomb C set came with four
Protar VII cells, a Compound shutter, a barrel, and a W.A.
Protar (f/18) in a Volute shutter and an adaptor. The Zeiss
set did  not come with the W.A. Protar.
  Complete boxed sets are extremely rare.
---
Richard Knoppow