[LargeFormat] Availability of Velvia 100 8x10

R.E. Younger, Photographer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Aug 12 21:54:02 2003

1st, for anyone who was asking......  Fuji is making the new Velvia in 8x10
(also the new Astia). But availability in the US is apparently pretty
limited as my lab told me they could get me two of the three boxes in the
US. But it's planned for greater availability. About $360 plus shipping.
2.  The shadow detail is dramatically enhanced without washing out the
highlights.
3.  It stands up to a two-stop (ISO 400) push in pretty much a straight line
without any indication that it's been pushed (of course, that's in
8x10.....).
4.  It will tolerate a 1+ pull, but not so straight line....
5.  And yes Tori, pretty phenomenal weekend. Sandra (my worst critic,
besides you) said conservatively, 8 new "keepers." And you won't believe the
moonrise.....

See you soon!
Bob Younger
younger@terranovaphotography.com