[LargeFormat] Grafmatic film holders, by Wray Optical?!

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 8 09:46:22 2003

I've recently come across an anomaly in my Graflex history  (something
all to easy to do)

It's a Graflex Grafmatic, identical in every way to the Rochester
version, except it says "Made in England under license by Wray Optical
Co" from Graflex Inc."   The plastic "front" of the drawer seems to be
made of bakelite rather than thermo-plastic as it has that flakey look
to it.

Does anybody have any history on this?  There's a another one on ebay
right now (in better condition naturally) that has British military
markings (broad arrow and some numbers).  He also states that the
Stereo Graphic of the 50s was made by Wray also.

Can anybody confirm this?

Les