[LargeFormat] BW 4x5 processing

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jul 16 02:24:07 2003

Dear Ken,

     One more set of opinions...

1.     The Jobo CPE 2 Plus is a very good idea. The 2500 series tanks and
the sheet film racks do work well - I get 6 per rack with no streaking. The
racks load well with the Jobo loader stand and guides.

2.       SS hangers and deep tanks are fine and practically unbreakable. May
be a hassle dipping in the dark, though.

3.     NOVA dip and dunk tank line is also a good idea as it is temperature
controlled and there is a companion washing tank that is very efficient.

4.     Yankee or Doran 12 slot black plastic tank is interesting as a washer
but I suspect that it can be very difficult to get good agitation and even
development with it.

5.    BTZS tubes really do work but they work best if you are going to do
only 2 or 3 sheets at a time.

6.     HP Combiplan tanks are a good combination for 6-at-a-time
development. They take 1050 ml. of solution and they need to be full before
you drop your rack of film into them, but from there on it is remarkably
civilised. You can even add on a hose to make an impromptu washer. Please
consider....

     Uncle Dick