[LargeFormat] Digital Camera as a Light Meter

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jul 13 16:50:30 2003

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and Uncle Dick...

I recently purchased a digital camera (Minolta Dimage 7Hi, if anyone
cares) and have been playing with it some.  One of the first things I
seized upon was the graphical histogram that shows real-time on the
display if so configured.  I wondered for a few moments whether this
could be applied to film for light metering, but went off to other
features when I bogged down in the concept of dynamic range -
film/digital and how the histogram would fit.

Then I ran into this article the other evening and have started
wondering again.

http://www.nickrains.com/articles/digital%20meter.html

Has anyone put the theory into practice?

Brock