[LargeFormat] Linhof query

Peter De Smidt largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 20 22:26:49 2003

Sorry, don't have any direct answers regarding the Linhof corrosion.
I'd like to warn buyers of used Linhofs, however, to make very sure
that all of the pieces lock firmly and there's no play in the
standards.  I bought  Technika III a number of years ago on Ebay.  The
channel that the front standard slides in for front shift had worn a
bit.  I wasn't able to find a cost effective way of repairing this.
In this respect, wooden cameras are better.  It's true that they will
probably wear quicker, but when they do, it's not that expensive to
have a new part made.  Still, to be fair, the Linhof was 50 years old.
I'd love one of the current Technikas, but they're not in my budget.

-Peter De Smidt