[LargeFormat] "Jumper's Choice

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 12 18:09:08 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "philip lambert" <philip.lambert@ntlworld.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] "Jumper's Choice

> I have some doubts concerning whether all 65mm SAs cover
5x4 with a bit of
> movement. Were there earlly and late versions?  I did have
an f5.6 65mm
> which certainly covered 5x4 but was heavy and expensive.I
use a 65mm f8 on
> the 2x3 C Graphic PL
> > I"m not sure the  400 will handle a 65mm lens.    BTW a
65mm f8 Super
> > Angulon isn't difficult to find.  I haven't looked for a
while but they
> > were running in the $250 to $300 range.  It gives a bit
of movement on
> > 4x5.

  I have an older (chrome barrel) 65mm, f/8 S.A. It covers
4x5. I use it mainly on a Speed Graphic so there isn't much
movent available anyway. This is quite wide angle for 4x5,
the corners are definitely dark so a center filter would be
desirable, but that would be true of other lenses of this
focal length.
  The CC-400 instruction book says the recessed board allows
full movements with a 90mm lens and that it will take the
65mm so I think they were hedging on movements with the
short lens. I think the limited ability of the bellows to
move is why they made the bag bellows version of the camera.
  Other cameras with standard type bellows are going to have
the same problem.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA