[LargeFormat] Backpackable 4x5

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jun 8 20:36:35 2003

I use a Linhof Technikardan 45S. The 45S folds-up and packs away in my
backpack, in the exact same slot that my old Technika field camera used to.
To me, this is the best 4x5 camera I've ever owned or used. It packs-up
small for field carrying and use and unfolds into a monorail that will
easily take both my 55 Apo-Grandagon and my 75mm Grandagon-N lenses
(unusable on most field cameras) as well as my Nikkor 720mm Telephoto (also
unusable on field cameras.) Front & back swings and tilts up the gazoo. All
view camera movements.

The Technikardan unfolds and set-up very quickly as well as folding-up and
packing away just as quickly. I've read reports of folks who couldn't
master the unfolding and folding technique. All I can say is... well, I
won't say it! It is simply dirt simple and very quick.

Here's a review with pictures:

http://www.butzi.net/reviews/linhoftk45s.htm

My $.02 worth...

Jim