[LargeFormat] Horseman or Gandolfi?

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Sat May 31 17:18:06 2003

The Gandolfi is nice (Made in Hamphshire UK ).  The focussing screen is a
direct replacement for my old extinct MPP Metal Technical.  However, I recommend
you forget field cameras.   You should be able to pick up a Sinar F1, in good
condition. Silly prices right now (possibly to do with move to digital backs
using medium format cameras).   The F1 will fold into a small case. You can
release the bellows in seconds and turn the standards through 90 degrees.  It is
lightweight and solid.
If you like the Gandolfi then visit http://www.walkercameras.com/.  Mike
Walker makes the best engineered field cameras I have seen.

Daryll