[LargeFormat] Polaroid film

Stan McQueen largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 22 12:15:19 2003

At 03:16 PM 5/21/2003, you wrote:
>Stan,
>
>Are the negatives of good quality? Worth the extra cost of the film? I think
>I'd enjoy trying this. Because I've only been shooting with a film camera for
>little over a year, (I started with digital) I don't know much yet so please
>tell me, will the film come with info on how to develop the negatives? Can I
>get this sodium sulfite solution at any online photo supply? Will it cost
>much
>to get what I need to develop these type of negatives.
>
>Thanks for tolerating my questions.
>Beck

They're excellent quality (depending, of course, on the exposure, subject,
and composition). :-)

They are expensive to use, but they are a nice alternative to regular film.
I generally shoot at least a few each session.

Sodium sulfite is cheap and easy to get. Try Photographer's Formulary (
http://www.photoformulary.com ) if you don't have a local source. You don't
need the bucket that others have suggested unless you plan to develop them
the field. I always wait until I get home. It's more convenient.

Hope this helps,
Stan

Photography by Stan McQueen
http://www.smcqueen.com