[LargeFormat] Shutterless Exposure Recommendations

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sat Apr 26 23:30:06 2003

I do something similar.  I have made up a shallow wood box, slightly
larger than the diameter of the lens and about 3/4" deep.  Inside is
lined with black duvateen/velvet.  This box is on a stout flat stick.
I hang this on the front of the lens, put the film in, pull the dark
slide grab the handle and with a flick of the wrist, pull the box away
and back.  I get about 1/10 to 1/5 of a second exposure this way.   A
cheap version of this would be to tape half a film box to a paint
stirring stick, or ruler.  'round here they call 'em country shutters.