[LargeFormat] 90mm Schneider f5.6 Super Angulon vs f8

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 7 09:03:34 2003

I choose the Ebony because:
1. I suddenly (for once in my life) came into some money that I could spend=
 without feeling guilty!=20
2. I decided to buy new, reasoning I could take risks with lenses but wante=
d to be sure the camera was true.
3. To be honest, looking at the cost of a new 4x5 field camera there was no=
t a great deal of difference (in 2001) in price, which ever body I went for=
 I would have to layout a significant amount on the usual parphenelia.
4. I spent a good deal of time seeking advice, reading reviews etc. In the =
end I settled on the Ebony RW45 III. There was a slightly cheaper version m=
ade of Mahogany and titanium, as opposed to Ebony & titanium. At the time R=
obert White was selling a packaging including a 150 APO Symmar.

I too have bought cars for less than the price of an Ebony, on the other ha=
nd I've had repair bills of similar size as well!=20