[LargeFormat] WTB

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 30 21:56:33 2003

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 08:33  PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>    I am curious what differences there were other than using
> flash. The flare in the original looks a little like
> spherical aberration. What were the stops used for the two
> images? And what lens?
>    BTW, the camera appears to be an early 4x5 Anniversary
> Speed Graphic. I have a very early one, maybe even
> pre-production. It has a shallower box than later ones. A
> Graflex type solenoid can't be used on it because the front
> won't close over it. I asked Roger Adams about this but he
> had no idea. The serial number puts it around 1939 or 1940,
> right at the beginning of production.
> ---
> Richard Knoppow
> Los Angeles, CA, USA
> dickburk@ix.netcom.com

The lens is fixed and the tele is a 2x adapter. The camera does a lot
of things it doesn't tell me, but the aperture should have been close
to the same around f11.  I believe the chip is 1/2" but don't know
about the lens construction.

Now what the serial number of this mystery Speed Graphic, and can you
attach a photo of it?
Is this the one with completely sealed FP shutter bearings?

Les