[LargeFormat] WTB

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 30 20:35:35 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Newcomer" <LNPhoto@twmi.rr.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] WTB

> Subject: Anny Speed
> Camera: Coolpix 950 with 2x tele
> lights: tungsten
> data: program
> post production: none
>

> http://home.twmi.rr.com/lnphoto/flaretest.jpg
>
> I've since redone this shot with flash and reduced the
reflections and

wrote:

> >> not perfect. In fact I'm working with a CoolPix 950 and
a tele
> >> attachment and am getting a lot of flare off of an
Anniversary Speed.
> > Les what did you mean?  PL

   I am curious what differences there were other than using
flash. The flare in the original looks a little like
spherical aberration. What were the stops used for the two
images? And what lens?
   BTW, the camera appears to be an early 4x5 Anniversary
Speed Graphic. I have a very early one, maybe even
pre-production. It has a shallower box than later ones. A
Graflex type solenoid can't be used on it because the front
won't close over it. I asked Roger Adams about this but he
had no idea. The serial number puts it around 1939 or 1940,
right at the beginning of production.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA