[LargeFormat] Real men & women only shoot 11x14

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 27 23:44:32 2003

I've been watching this thread waiting for the obvious and ideal solution
to be mentioned... but it hasn't.  We're all too stuck on mechanical
solutions I guess.

The solution that's so obvious here is the one the photographers of old
used.  Animals.  Sized proportionately to the gear in question.  16x20
requires a Clydesdale.  11x14 gear could be strapped to a regular saddle
horse.  8x10 could likely get away with a pony or large mule.  4x5 of
course requires a miniature horse, which also makes a good pet for the
kids.

If the Groucho Marx quote is scalable, they might also make good changing
bags ("Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside a dog it's
too dark to read").  Come to think of it, a larger dog might be able to
carry some of this gear as well.  A friends husky carries his own camping
gear when out hiking....

Brock

--
Brock Nanson