[LargeFormat] Lee filter system : how about vignetting with wide-angle lenses?

Huib Smeets largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 10 08:08:05 2003

Dear friends,

Have been looking at the Lee filters and holder to replace my screw-in
filters. I need to buy, again, bigger screw-in filters due to a lens I got
some time ago. Before getting a third set of similar filters with just a
bigger diameter I want to give the Lee system a thought.

Looking at the holder and the size of the filters I ask myself: do they
vignet when used in conjunction with a Super Angulon 90/5.6 ?? (at
f11/f16/f22)

Other lenses I own are: 150/5.6 apo-symmar, 210/5.6 apo-symmar and the
latest addition and culprit of my "problem" a 300mm/5.6 Sironar-N. I see no
problem on using the Lee system on these lenses or did I miss something
here?.

Thanks in advance,

Huib
http://home.plex.nl/~hsmeets