[LargeFormat] EBay

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 9 09:09:10 2003

Dear Friends,

     Thank you for your advice and tips on using the eBay system. I have
just had a consultation with my computer expert - the daughter - and she has
walked me through my first transactions. I now have a  successful listing
and sale, a new listing, and a putative purchase from the Ukraine.

     I am staggered by the facility with which money can apparently be sent
worldwide by Western Union and even more staggered by the acceptance of this
by the young people. In my day we had to roll large stone wheels from
village to village to pay for even the simplest of transactions. No
apparently they roll virtual wheels.

    I am also amused to hear from The Consultant that I am not supposed to
tell anybody that I have listed something for sale. I presume that I am
allowed to stick my head in a tin bucket and shout it - anyway it doesn't
involve large format photo gear anyway so unless you own a Hasselblad this
is all academic.

     Uncle Dick