[LargeFormat] Re: WWII Signal Corps newsgroups

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 5 19:36:01 2003

I can't believe I can remember when these common.
Sounds strange but in the early 70s Burke and James from Chicago
sold these reconditioned (a drop of oil) for 75.00Net. I worked at a camera
shop at the time and bought 2 of them. I went to B&J and picked them up. I
saw boxes of them! I'll bet there were 150 of them. They were NOS! None
had any wear marks. The shipping boxes had shelf marks.
They took nice photos. I sold them in the 80s to a WWII photo equipment
collector.Would I use one now? Only if the shutter curtain was perfect.
Ken