[LargeFormat] Re: WWII Signal Corps newsgroups

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 3 10:22:45 2003

I maybe wrong, but the dye transfer process was common in the advertising/
photographic business through the 80s as a way of making a print.  RIT was
still teaching dye transfer in '88.  I've never used the process, but an
old ad exec told me it was THE way they were able to montage backgrounds
and foregrounds and other things that Photoshop does now with three clicks
of a mouse.

Les