[LargeFormat] sheet film developing

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Wed Nov 27 04:28:16 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Glorieux" <guy.glorieux@sympatico.ca>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] sheet film developing

a model and
> jobo
> > did too.  But i recommend  using every other slot as
there isn't
> enough
> > developer in the tank to process completely a full reel.
> >
> > Les
>
> Hi Les,
>
> I use the Nikor tank when I have a large number of sheets
to process, as
> opposed to doing them in a tray.  It takes  1 full liter
of developper
> and it never occured that this may not be enough for 12
sheets, nor have
> I found that the results were not satisfactory.  Did I
miss something?

> Guy Glorieux

  If you figure 4 sheets of 4x5 equal one roll of 120 film
or one 36 exposure spool of 35mm film, i.e. 80 in^2, one
liter of developer is ample. In fact, you could do two loads
of film with many developers by extending the developing
time a little.
  I have a Nikor tank and find it works quite well. However,
I agitate once a minute rather than twice a minute as with
roll film. I find this produces more uniform development.
There is a tendency toward surge marks due to the
multiplicity of openings on the film cage causing turbulance
at the ends.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA