[LargeFormat] Jobos for 5x7?

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Oct 21 08:50:08 2002

Here in Detroit every body bowed to the great Kodachrome God for its
sharpness and fine grain, and kept offering sacrafices to persuade it to
give them back what they once had-- large format kodachrome.

That is until Velvia came around, then everybody turned their prayer rug
to face east.  When provia showed up a stop faster we knew this was a good
god.  Provia in 5x7 is incredible stuff.  Except now the digital god has
been awakened and put a pox on all other gods.  Has forced us
photographers to spend incredible amounts of money and sacrafice our tried
and true cameras and holders in order to work faster and be more
productive.  Which we are, we are just making less doing it.

But I don't have a clue about processing 5x7 in a Jobo.  All I ever did
was Expert tanks on an ATL 3. And that was easy.... load the tank, twiddle
the dials. push one button,  set my watch timer and go schmooz with the
client.

Les