[LargeFormat] Nikon Process-Nikkor 260mm f/10 lens

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Oct 3 21:58:13 2002

they were nice at one time, but now with digital going full bore nobody
uses them, there big, there heavy and the film to use them is expensive,
they really are white elephants.

No wait that was the camera these went to.

The best thing to do is to go on ebay and check the past auctions of
Dagor77@earthlink.net.  He deals in this stuff all the time, knows the
early from the late, which coatings were what and what they sell for.

The lens of course is brutally sharp, horrifcally corrected.  And as long
as you are shooting in decent light, the f10 isn't bad, just keeps the
lens from being twice as heavy.

If you do find specs, remember that this is designed for close up and at 1:
1 the image circle is double that of infinity. so if it says it covers
20x24, then it'll cover 10x12 in the field.