[LargeFormat] Illford Readyloads, Readyloads in general

Joe largeformat@f32.net
Thu Aug 29 22:04:41 2002

I was wondering if anyone knows if Illford is going to supply film
compatible with the Kodak back, or possibly develop one of their own?
The lack of film choice, along with the inflated price really keeps this
format from realizing its potential. A little progress & I know that
many field shooters would use it and I know I would.

I kind of wonder if the price will ever come down. Since sheet film is
only going to become even more niche (and expensive), perhaps the film
manufacturers could move to readload only, charge a little more than
they do for sheet film, but less than they do for readyloads now. Would
isolate some shooters, but how many aren't using universal backs, and
who the hell likes loading up a dozen film holders and lugging them around?!

Thoughts?

-Joe