[LargeFormat] The Linhof Supertechnica 8x10

Ole Tjugen largeformat@f32.net
Mon Aug 19 03:42:01 2002

Hi again.

The Technika III 5x7 weighs about 7kg - or 15 lb - without lens. Setting up is
very easy, as it can be closed with the lens in place (except for very large
ones, e.g. Xenar 300mm/f4.5). All that's needed is to open it, push the rail
in, pull the front out, focus and shoot!

But I won't try it hand held again in a while...

Most seller on ebay will happily ship anywhere to someone who asks nicely.
Also, prices for 5x7" stuff seem to be a lot lower in germany, especially
compared to the US.

Visa (or other cards) are not very common in Germany, most seem to prefer
direct bank transfer - which isn't always easy. It may take some time to work
out the details of the deal, but I've always been very satisfied so far.
Judging from my ratings, so have the sellers...

Ole