[LargeFormat] reloading film holders in Toronto and Montreal

Tori Nelson largeformat@f32.net
Thu Aug 15 14:24:15 2002

on 8/15/02 9:42 AM, Jim Brick at jbrick@elesys.net wrote:

> At 11:17 AM 8/15/2002 -0500, Lee Carmichael wrote:
>> try the bathroom at the motel you will be staying at.  Take a film box and
>> put those that you off load into it.  I have used this method for many
>> years.
>>
>> lee\c

I also much prefer a bathroom to a changing bag.  Whenever I'm traveling, I
always take a box of the thickest alluminum foil and a roll of black
gaffer's tape.  Some older motels have windows in the bathrooms, and the
foil and tape work great!  Even if there isn't a window in the bathroom, I
still tape around the door, it's amazing how much light can get in
otherwise.  Also, if you're in a really dry climate, turn a hot shower on
for a few minutes, about 1/2 an hour before you want to load.  This helps
setle any dust and static problems.

The only time this all backfired on me was in a motel in Santa Fe, where the
light switch was outside the bathroom.  Luckily, I was able to find a
darkroom to rent for a few dollars.

Good Luck,
Tori
P.S. If you're staying in the same hotel for more than a day, save the tape
from around the door by haning it on the back of the door.  I've never had a
housekeeper bother it.