[LargeFormat] G-Claron 210mm for 8x10?

Frank Filippone largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 23 10:41:38 2002

Most of the LF stuff I have bought in the past year or so came ouot of
Canada.  Henry's camera is the most notable, but I have bought from several
private persons as well.......

Just keep your eyes peeled.... the really good stuff is all over the place,
the shift to digital has forced labs to shut down and pros to dump their now
obsolete LF stuff.  There is listed a Linhof 4x5 GTL for $1500 right now....
there was a 8x10 version for $2K about a year ago... APO EL NIKKOR enlarging
lenses going for 10% and less of their new prices....this stuff is really
top end, well beyond the reach of most LF users when new.  As used, and
especially commercially obsolete, the stuff goes for a pittance....

Yes it takes time to find a bargain, but I searched for 5 years for a lens I
wanted... it appared and was bought for a reasonable price.  You just must
keep patient.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net