[LargeFormat] Re:Murder in a darkroom

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jul 5 17:33:23 2002

Dear Brock and Dave,

     I have been giving some thought to your worries about your respective
spouses beating you to death with detached tripod legs and then claiming the
insurance. I think you are safe - not because it would not be a good idea -
and not because it would not be fun. But because in the current parlous
state of the insurance industry murder would be unlikely to yield the kind
of financial return that would justify it.

    We used to complain that we were worth more dead - not any more - you
both have years of work ahead of you - paid work. Gruelling, mind
destroying, agonising work, and your wives want to be there to collect when
you do it.

    Should you be unlucky or incautious enough to win large amounts in the
lottery or come into valuable inheritances your remains will be found in bus
station lockers all over the continent. Remember this as you sit down to
your evening meal.

     Uncle Dick