[LargeFormat] Typical - lovely weather for landscapes

philip.lambert largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 21 12:28:24 2002

>      You have dog racing? Ooh, I love dog racing! I used to know a chap in
> my year at Uni who worked out at the dog races in Cannington as a cat
> skinner

Dear Uncle Dick,
You went to Uni for a whole year?  That wasn't what my granny told me.
Ulcerative colitis is unfortunately known to us, aggravated by drinking from
the developer bottle in the darkroom (that's how we know it's a mistake to
store photochemicals in old winebottles)
A Cat skinner?  Our dogs chase electric hares- greyhounds must be stupid.
You can adopt them when they are too old to win races. Do you have any use
for a slow greyhound?  Pulling the Shenhao?  Working the water-pump? Maybe
you could use a couple to operate the developing tank agitator.  Did you
work out why the Shenhao tripod looks suspiciously like the legs of a large
trench mortar?  (The Benbo Trekker and the Uniloc tripod use an artillery
bent bolt design to obtain one-movement locking of their tripods.)
We have received your parcel (in plain wrapper) and want to know what to do
with it. I propped it up against the front door, it's about five foot nine
inches high, weighs a lot, and seemed to sort of wriggle when I tried to
carry it out to the shed.  Please send another postal order if you want this
item forwarded.
Your dutiful nephew Philip