[LargeFormat] 35mm lenses on LF

Penne, Phil largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jun 18 17:03:41 2002

I'm an LF neophyte (actually "neophyte trainee" might be a more accurate =
descriptor), and have a question that should aptly demonstrate my =
obscene lack of knowledge on the subject.  What would result if you took =
a lens customarily used in 35mm format, and mounted it on a...say, 8x10 =
view camera?  Using a dirt simple example: suppose a 135mm Pentax K =
mount lens was mounted on an 8X10.  I realize this focal length lens =
mounted on an 8x10 would be the equivilent of an 18mm lens mounted on a =
35mm camera (at least in terms of angle of acceptance), and that =
provision would have to be made for a shutter.  But in terms of sheer =
optics, what would the result be?

I can't wait to hear what Uncle Dick has to say on this subject - =
doubtless something about time stopping and pets attacking their owners =
:-).

Phil "I-know-what-I-am-but-have-learned-to-live-with-it" Penne