[LargeFormat] Camaraderie

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jun 1 08:58:12 2002

Without a seconds hesitation I am my favourite photographer - I find
that I tend to take photographs of subjects I am interested in - lots of
rock & ice, some trees, people related to me and what not. As well, I
tend to take photographs in colour and black & white, just like I like.
When taking photographs, I find that those mornings I don't want to wake
up and catch the sunrise I don't - and when I want to hang around
waiting for a cloud to move I'm not bothered by it. I make plenty of
mistakes and my photographs can, on rare occasion, be massively improved
by simple things like focusing, so the inner critic gets plenty of
activity - further I find that I tend to accept the criticism without
developing a bitter hatred towards the critic so common in this type of
relationship.

Other photographers include Todd Candle who was so kind to sell me some
photographic gear and include a weekly engagement calendar full of
wonderful landscape photographs that can completely distract me in the
middle of work; and Les because anyone who will take a LF camera into a
sewer, on purpose & to take pictures of the sewer, demonstrates you can
go anywhere and shoot anything, even mount a Shen-Hoa on the back of a
SkiDoo for on-site photographs of the first sunrise of year party in
Norman Wells, NWT - complete with the locals in native costume.

Dave Hornford
"Once in a while you will stumble upon the truth but most of us manage
to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened."
    --- Winston Churchill