[LargeFormat] Type 55 Polaroid and Panatomic X?

Rich Lahrson largeformat@f32.net
Tue May 28 10:21:58 2002

Hi Clive!

     I've got a 1000 ft. by 5 inch spool of the Panatomic-X aerial film I got
for
a few dollars on eBay a few years ago.  I had a 3 1/4 by 4 1/4 inch Graflex
SLR and cut some film for it.  But it was too big a hassle, so I sold the
Graflex.

     I'm setting up an old Elwood 5x7 enlarger, it still needs an aristo
light for it.
I'm returning to large format and have decided on the 5x7 format.  It will be

easy to cut the Pan-X film, just one cut.

    I decided on the 5x7 format because I've got the film and would like to
try new, to me, developers like pyro.  The 5x7 format is large enough for
contact finished prints, unlike 4x5 which, to me, seems too small.  The 5x7
format will therefore provide the potential to try papers like Azo and
Amidol,
stuff I've not had a chance to try.

     I'm waiting for an 11x14 Versalab archival washer to arrrive, the last
major
piece of hardware needed for my apartment converted darkroom.  I'm single,
and except for my cat, don't have to bother with others in that space.  The
door to hallway closes and the safelights are installed and the electircal
stuff.
I've still got to get the plastic screens set-up for drying prints.

     As well as the Elwood, I've got a small Durst M600 set-up so I can
hopefully use both at the same time.

    I'm looking at 5x7 size cameras, but will take my time to decide.

    I've just joined this list and find it very knowledgable and useful.

                                              Cheers,

                                                               Rich Lahrson
                                                               Berkeley,
California