[LargeFormat] Goerz Artars

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Sat May 25 16:19:12 2002

Hello Guy,
You are lucky I saw this post. I delete all of them without reading unless
theres a word in the subject that catches my eye.
The 19 Artar is meant for 14x17. Thats centered in the format with out
movement.
BUT...........it will cover up to 24" width. The area of best correction is 20
inches wide. stop down and sharpen the edges. It should be fine.
Ken

From:           	"Guy Glorieux" <guy.glorieux@sympatico.ca>
To:             	<largeformat@f32.net>
Subject:        	Re: [LargeFormat] Goerz Artars
Send reply to:  	largeformat@f32.net
	<mailto:largeformat-request@f32.net?subject=subscribe>
Date sent:      	Sat, 25 May 2002 06:29:03 -0400

From: "Ken Hough"

> I can't resist answering this.
> ...In short the Artar is a fine dual  purpose lens and do not let
anyone tell you it is not!
> Ken

Ken,

I just recently purchased on eBay a
"Goerz Apochromat Artar, 19", F:11- F:32, Serial Number 770556, with
iris in seven inch square lens board, glass has no cleaning marks or
scratches, cosmetically some brassing where lens cover slides on, paint
chips, etc. but everything is working as it should" (as the seller
claims).

The seller also claims that it will cover 20x24, which would be ideal
for my 11x14 filed camera.

 You can see the picture at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1351565960

Is this likely to cover 20x24?  Any thoughts about that lens?

Guy