[LargeFormat] And now in contrast

Charles Thorsten largeformat@f32.net
Fri May 24 16:58:16 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Feinberg" <donf@cybernex.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] And now in contrast

> First, my experience is that attempts to modify the processing of C41
films
> is very dicey.  Fuhgedaboutit!  And, I've had little success modifying the
> RA4 process, either...

Yes color chemistry needs to be held to strict tolerances, especially
with commercial replenishment-based processors.  If you tweak the
chemistry for a certain effect, it takes forever to get it back to normal.

> Other than that, what are the choices?  Fuji NPL? forget it!  Kodak 160NC?
> forget it!  Kodak 160VC?  maybe.  There just aren't any other films to
> choose from -- not, at least, that I'm aware of!  :-(  :-(

Kodak discontinued Pro 100 and has 160VC labeled as its replacement.
I haven't tried any though.  I've never had much luck with color negative
sheet film!  All of it seems very low contrast.

-Charlie