[LargeFormat] Good news. Really good news

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed May 22 18:50:01 2002

At 9:00 pm +0800 22/5/02, rstein wrote:
>Dear Mr. Clive,
>
>     Cheer up. No, I mean it. Good things have happened. The parcels arrived
>today. All 110 kilos of them.
big snip

>     It is crude in parts, showy in others. and wholly a delight. I got one
>of their 300mm f.5.6 Seagull lenses to mount in the front and as soon as I
>can arrange some sensitive material round the back I shall be off and
>running. Indeed I shall send you some results that you can post on the
>forum.
>
>  Uncle Dick

Dear Uncle Dick,

Thank you, that has cheered me up :-) Sounds as though you have a
serious camera there and a free language course with the newspapers.
Bet your postal delivery man was suitably challenged lifting the
crates off the truck.

Would be delighted to post some photos both of the camera and some
taken with it - the belly dancers would be first choice ;-)

I guessed that you were waiting for a Shen-Hao and delighted that you
have been so adventurous. The only thing missing is an integral seat
for the photographer and some means of driving the thing around your
studios.

Please keep us informed as to progress with engineering some light
sensitive materials around the back end of the camera.

BTW - I arranged your cards on a fine mahogany table at the recent
f32 Spring Workshop and they were well received. The offer of a
special home page still stands.