[LargeFormat] RE: lens board

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Sun May 19 17:13:33 2002

At 09:43 PM 5/19/2002 +0100, philip.lambert wrote:

>My little Linhof permits no
>rising front on a 65mm lens on a flat board but  a recessed one allows a
>little rise.  The 65mm f6.8 Angulon doesn't like rise but the 65mm f8 Super
>Angulon allows some.  The f5.6 version is too bulky to fit and costs too
>much anyway.....   Philip

Right... but we are talking about a 90. Which is about 4" from the film,
and does not, on a flat board, compress the bellows enough to interfere
with shift & tilt.

I'll deal with a little bellows compression rather than trying to get my
fingers into a recessed lens board. Especially when most of my LF
photography is standing at the edge of something like a cliff, where I
cannot get in front of the camera to see down inside of a recessed board.

My 75/4.5 Grandagon is on a recessed board and I am going to change it out,
on to a flat board. where it originally resided. 3" of bellows draw is
still enough to get any required (for me) shift & tilt.

And my fingers aren't particularly fat.

Jim