[LargeFormat] Re: inserting the film holder

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Apr 17 00:11:19 2002

You mentioned that your Toyo has a wire thingy on the b ack.  That's a bale
handle release. It's designed so that you pull it "out" so the bale is
perpendicular to the ground glass.  This opens pulls the ground glass back
and allows easier insertion of the film holder. Then the bale handle is
carefull released.

By using the bale handle I've been able to insert the filmholder half way or
a bit more before there is serious friction between the holder and the
camera.  This helps a great deal in keeping the camera in it's original
position and not accidently shifting something unkowningly.

les