[LargeFormat] inserting the film holder

philip.lambert largeformat@f32.net
Tue Apr 16 06:54:32 2002

  When I assisted a car shooter we routinely put up
wind breaks (thetruck) to keep the breeze from disturbing the 8x10 camera.

Les, as a separate enquiry about blurred images, how do you stop wind
movement of flowers when photographing them in the open  ?
The only ideas I have had centre on making flat white A3 reflectors mounted
on wood strips that might be stuck in the ground either side of the subject,
or a similar idea using transparent vinyl, since glass sheet doesn't travel
well and is heavy.  Don't see how a light-tent is practical given some of
the flowers are on shrubs/trees.  Maybe what I need is an assistant with a
large sheet of white card. The problem of subject movement is important as I
have to select a higher film speed and shutter speed to overcome it than I
like.  Synchro-sunlight?  The art shop sells thin sheets of foam board
covered in white paper. I wonder how big they come.
Philip