[LargeFormat] inserting the film holder

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 15 23:59:36 2002

Take a look at a specular highlight in several areas of the neg/chrome.  Is
there motion or softness? A motion will leave a streak, a warped holder wil=
leave a fuzzy image.

If there is motion, do you use a cable release?

Do you pull the darkslide all the way out? At one time I was taught to pull
it almost out, so that the lighttrap had an easier time with it, but found
out the darkslide, hanging out there acted as a sail more than anything.

Are you touching the camera at all during the exposure?

What are the exposures? Fast as in 1/50? or slow as in ten seconds.

What size camera? 4x5?  When I assisted a car shooter we routinely put up
wind breaks (thetruck) to keep the breeze from disturbing the 8x10 camera.

les

As long as the darkslide is in and the lens is closed, moving the film
holder in and out shouldn't effect the image.