[LargeFormat] Wollensak Velostigmat Series I f6.8 8x10

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Apr 3 17:22:48 2002

I have picked up yet another old lens - a Wollensak Velostigmat
Series I f6.8 8x10 which appears to be around 12" in focal length.
It's too dark to check it out on infinity and no focal length is
marked. It is in a Betax #4 shutter that is going to be taken apart
in the next ten minutes or so :-)

Has anyone used one of these - and if so some feedback on the
performance would be interesting.

It appears to act as a convertible in that the separate front set and
rear set of elements will produce an image but it is not pretty. Lots
of aberrations that would need stopping way down to have a usable
image.