[LargeFormat] Fuji Quickchange

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 30 22:30:12 2002

From: "mark blackman" <mark.blackman1@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:08:39 -0000

<snip>
That would be most helpful. Ive already started wondering how I get the
exposed film out, how does one open the cartridge?

Greetings,

Ah yes, one of the little mysteries of the Quick Change.  To open the film
cartridge, first rotate the film counter to 1 (when the film counter reads E
the dark slide cannot be removed.)  Looking at the film counter you will see
the sprokets that advance the counter, by using your finger, or pen point,
etc. you can advance it.

Now, looking at the back edge of the film cartridge you should see two tiny
recessed tabs, when you push down on both, the back end of the film
cartridge can be removed.  Of course you need to do this in the dark, but
you can experiment in the light, by pushing down on only one of the tabs.

Once the back end is removed, the dark slide can be withdrawn, but be sure
to do it slowly and be prepared to hold the sheets of film down while you
pull the dark slide.  The film loaded septums are spring loaded and will pop
out if you're not ready.

This sounds pretty complicated, but it's really easy, once you know what to
do.  I'll take some digital pix and get them to Clive so they'll be
available on f32.

Regards, Pete