[LargeFormat] Traveling with LF gear

Walter Jansen largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 30 19:53:01 2002

Diane,

Depends on whether all of it can be in the cabin luggage or not. Secondly
whether you want all, the stuff all day. Generally I pack the whole lot in a
flight-resistant case which stays in the hotelroom as a "cupboard" I carry a
photo bag with me in which I put the equipment I think I need during a days
work. A specialized rucksack is fine as long as you relize that you have to
take it of for any change of gear. Moreover a rucksack on the ground is in
the mud with the part that will be against your back afterward.

Whenever you decide for a back pack, be sure that the carrier will handle it
as cabin luggage. Gear in a backback that is in the belly of a plane will
not really survive the rough handling.

Walter